Tuesday, July 14, 2009

John Worrow Postscript

I received an email from John Worrow who is pleased to say that he has “just heard from Thanet's Labour leader, Clive Hart and he has assured me that the Labour group will not tolerate bullying.”

He goes on to say “Cllr .Hart and I agree that freedom of speech is important; I personally believe that freedom of speech and bullying are not the same thing.”

John Worrow also asks the question IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND BULLYING THE SAME THING?attemail

To save commenting later I would say no of course not, and also I’m not surprised that Cllr Clive Hart does not tolerate bullying since he happens to be a well mannered approachable sort of bloke.

At the end of the day I doubt Mark Nottingham, had any intent to offend, but that’s easy for me, as I’m not directly involved

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well mannered approachable sort (of) bloke" is also a good description of John, I think you'd like him Tony.

    I also agree with Dr Moores that something needs to be done about the more out-of-hand comments on councillors blogs; they are NOT Tony Flaig / ECR / Bertie (etc), & should be more careful how they say things.

    I know I'm probably sounding like a Tory, but like you Tony I just believe in right or wrong, not left or right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a somewhat excessive use of the term bully which you might construe as er .... bullying

    Reference to Mr Nottingham being out of town is rather silly since a while back it was suggested that Cllr Stephen Broadhurst was thinking about moving to panama not something our Tory gents got too heated about.

    I'm not to sure whether he did ever disappear or not, since news of his departure was the first and last time his name came up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I wouldn't interpret Mark Nottingham's comments as bullying. A bit OTT perhaps, but bullying no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete