Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Police stop vehicles of a certain age


The police are out in force in Margate stopping cars and for some reason, they decided to divert myself and my own vintage Renault 19, clearly they must be enthusiasts, since mine was not the only a vintage car to be stopped.

As you can imagine, I challenged this request, and was told that, they do not need a reason to stop vehicles. Although a reason was given, that they were checking on tax and insurance, which I suppose is reasonable.

Obviously there are a lot of untaxed vehicles in that part of Thanet, although my own had a current tax disc clearly displayed. Still I suppose they were considerably more polite than I would be, if I were dealing with the likes of me.

1 comment:

  1. This vintage Renault 19 cant be very green!

    You should follow ECR's example and buy a Toyota hybrid.

    ReplyDelete