Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Update Thanet Council Still no answer!

Copy of email sent to Rodger Latchford

Hi Rodger Latchford

As an observer of local life politics and business, I was shocked to learn that, according to the Isle of Thanet Gazette, that Northdown House is apparently to be boarded up, in December.

Now there seems to considerable confusion over the future for Northdown House, not least from the council, on one hand I'm assured I think by yourself that no decision has been made, surprising since when I contacted to Leisure Force they seem quite clear that they are no longer to take bookings for the House after December 31st.

If no decision has been made why stop taking bookings! Could this be some clumsy excuse around March " We have no income therefore we'll have to sell" ?

Anyway I've lived round here for fifty years, and consider this Northdown house to be part of our local heritage.

Maybe you could explain the haste and confusion?

Regards tony flaig blogger Bignews Margate

Now to be fair to Rodger Latchford it does contain the odd error etc including an ommision in as much as " Now there seems to considerable confusion" I missed out the word be.

Any how just how long does it take for Thanet council to come up with a definitive answer.

To make it simple. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH NORTHDOWN HOUSE.

I've also contacted or attempted to contact Richard Samuels Deputy as the man himself is on holiday.

Thats all for now as I'm off to see what's occuring at this China Gate meeting in Broadstairs if I can find it!

4 comments:

  1. I smell a very big rat. It will have to join the queue though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is another 'done deal'. So much for democracy in Thanet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My seven year old can spell the word 'ROGER' its not ROdGER you thicko

    ReplyDelete
  4. 01:53:00 PM
    Democracy in Thanet - really - since when?

    ReplyDelete