Monday, September 08, 2008

NORTHDOWN HOUSE Council haven't got a Scooby

Confusion reigns over Northdown House, according to Thanet council media bods, they haven't a clue, they claimed the house will not be boarded up after December, which will obviously be news to Cllr Iris Johnson and top ish council boss Paul Moore who according to the Gazette confirmed the building would be boarded up.

Anyway I thought I'd make a quick call to Thanet Leisure Force and see what they knew well, since they arrange all the bookings, they should know and they do, its bad news I'm afraid, as they have been instructed to take no more bookings after December.

Earlier in the day I rang Cllr Rodger Latchford (Deputy) who was unable to answer his phone at the time, later he rang me back, apparently mid meeting, to ask who I was and what I wanted, once I introduced myself he seemed a tad disappointed (can't think why), yes he knew who I was and I understood him to say that nothing had been decided regarding Northdown House.

Anyway I'm sure once he is out of the meeting he'll give me another ring. Don't know if I should bring up the subject of China Gate? My final thought is that they'll tell us whats going on when they've come up plan to sell Northdown House off that isn't so bleeding obvious.

2 comments:

  1. I believe they are prevented from selling it to anyone other than the Friend family. Their lawyers are scrabbling around trying to find a loophole but i think they are sunk. Just playing for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to the Friend family if i was in their shoes I would want the .house and grounds as well

    ReplyDelete