Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reply to E mail received at 18:08



Without prejudice

Firstly to my regular readers, I intend to be a vague, but the person who sent the e-mail and attached letter, will of course be aware to whom I am addressing my comments.

First off, you will note that I have not mentioned your organisation\company for a week or two or maybe much longer so I wonder why you choose, this moment in time to make the suggestion that I have somehow defamed you or any of your colleagues.

Now if I went into any more detail, I would probably have to identify the nature of your company\organisation but would say I have, to the best of my knowledge not made any comments that could be construed as remarks that defame you or your colleagues or even the entity you obviously work for.

The paragraph that starts "You suggest" takes several quotes from one of my past postings, which refers to an organisation\business which is quite separate from your own establishment, which you make quite clear in your own letter as I have.

I put my own name, to this blog, it's not anonymous, you have clearly written to me, in confidence although obviously you're email is unsolicited, however if you wish to ask me to withdraw a comment which you consider unfair and specifically refers to yourself, your colleagues organisation company I will of course comply within reason.

Regular readers will of course be aware that I, frequently delete defamatory offensive comments from this blog when they occur.

As someone who themself has been defamed, by various Internet websites, and had threats of violence made against me, particularly worrying are those " I know where you live" type threats, I certainly empathise with anyone I may have been inadvertently offended , however to date I consider to the best of my abilities, my postings on this website have been fair comment.

I could of course just publish your letter, I could of course draw conclusions, I could contact the media, certainly if I were to comment on the motives of your letter, that might well be defamatory which is not my intention.

Postscript the house number, on the letter you intend to send me, is inaccurate I suggest you add 6 to the house number you have for me.
Sorry to bore my readers but I feel such letters could influence how I write.
I have taken the rare step of not allowing comments on this topic, since it would be clearly unfair.