Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Kent Police for sale


In a new Kent privatisation initiative, Kent police have reversed the trend of closing things like police stations and pubs by opening an online gift shop.

According to Simon Redman (Director of support services) ‘The Kent Police online gift shop is an exciting new venture for Kent Police. The online shop is a positive and innovative way to meet demand for new police-themed products and hopefully raise money to put back into community projects.
‘To get the online shop up and running, we have partnered with an experienced organisation which is set up to supply good quality merchandise.

Well it looks like Kent constabulary who may not be able to solve many crimes will prove more useful this Christmas by at least solving the big question, what to get Mrs Me, otherwise this year would have found me once again, wandering around gormless an clueless in Canterbury or Westwood, well more likely asda, Tesco or Sainsburys in injury time.



Anyway take a gander yourself by clicking here, since Mrs Me rarely reads this stuff I think I can safety let you into my choice, and to honest its been quite a tough decision in the clothing area it came down to the Battenburg "Ladies" Tank Top or Fingerprint "Ladies" Top. Since I'm no skin flint I shall also be choosing the Police Mug as well and maybe the Kent photo frame although it doesn't say whether they come with mug shots, perhaps I shall take a photo of Mrs Me's beaming face as she opens this lot.


Apologies for mentioning Christmas at such an early stage. Anyway if you want to avoid any bad taste crimes in the present department this year, you know where to go.

I just hope that Kent Police haven't wasted a bucket full of money on stock, or setting up this enterprise, in fairness I have to admit to owning a police sweatshirt, which was purchased "last minute" on holiday in a moment madness as I waited for my airport pick up, with the few remaining dollars in my pocket and although its good quality, warm, even I know, I look a tit, in my NYPD sweatshirt.

2 comments:

  1. Evenin all.

    I suppose getting a golf ball through the window with KENT POLICE printed on it, it could come as a bit of a surprise, especially if one wasn’t aware of their exciting new venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don't think that Mrs Me would be best pleased with any of them

    ReplyDelete