Saturday, November 17, 2007

ALL CHANGE AT LOCAL PUBLISHERS



Has anyone else noticed, the rapid pace of change to reporting staff at Kent regional newspapers Gazettte Office. Looking at yesterday's Gazette, it would appear that most of the journalists who were with paper last year, have now moved on and now been replaced with a whole new line up of fresh faced whippersnappers.


I wonder if this has anything to do with the Daily Mail's owners northcliffe media taking over, well I suppose we will never know, I noticed the other day, that one of the papers better and more productive writers Kathy Bailes, wasn't mentioned and this Friday's Gazette appears to be missing a news editor Julian May.


Still maybe their on holiday or one of those sabbatical things, I think we should be informed as far as I can tell only the editor, picture guy and sports bloke have been with our local (KRN) papers more than 12 months.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly Kathy has moved on to pastures new in the Dover area. She was one of the best and most honest reporters we have had in Thanet since June and John Cutting retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well to me it seems a shame, without wish to upset those who remain at the gazette, at times I noticed that it was Kathy Bailes who produced most of the news.

    ReplyDelete