Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tesco's "Every little helps"
even for petty criminals ?

Enthusiasm for the shops good value, convenience and range of products makes Tesco's number-one for me and millions of other consumers. Shoppers at Tesco's Metro, in Northdown Road, will once again be pleased with the further convenience of self service tills, not only are they easy to use, but they don't ask that irritating question ''are you alright packing?

Tonight I thought I'd stretched the capabilities of this new service by purchasing loose vegetables which of course need to be weighed, again no problem, this time I thought I would pay with my cashcard, which once I took time to study the pictures was as easy as everything else.

Having presented my card, something seemed to be wrong with this process, the card was authorised immediately, no signature and no chip and pin. I checked with the member of staff, assisting at these tills and she pointed out to me, the little blanked off hole, where one day they'll be a key pad to validate your card.

I am sure that this will, prove a big hit with, petty criminals, who will now have the convenience of just popping down to Tesco's, every little helps once again.

I did think this was the Bignews exclusive, but seeing as I realised immediately, that I used my card, obviously anyone else would work this out particularly criminals in a millisecond, surprisingly it would appear Tesco's didn't realise the security issues.

There is a lot of information available if you Google (what an irritating word) click here

No comments:

Post a Comment