Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Meet the architect's

Just arrived back, from Margate media centre, having been the recipient of an enthralling and informative talk from representatives of Chipperfield partners.

To be honest there performance, was actually informative, and somewhat reassuring. As you know I'm a bit of a philistine, so I won't insult the architects with my critique in this instance.

The reassuring thing is, that they seem to give emphasis to controlling costs and building within budgets, let's hope that this doesn't impinge on the final design.

Anyway as I write this, no doubt there are a few, people still networking as the meeting wraps up, I would have hung around myself but I have to eat and get ready for work.

And yes, I am going to put Bignews on the back boiler for a day or to.

3 comments:

  1. Are they going to use the big tent, or the three smaller ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now come on now..i agree with tony.they talked common sense answered peoples concerns and are really keen to make the whole project work for this area.it is good to know there will be educational space for our children i for one {and i am not alone]cant wait for the project to begin..

    ReplyDelete