Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yet a another blogsite for Thanet


Competition is about to heat up, in Thanet with more joining the ranks of the Blogarati every day.

Possibly the most significant, is one called Thanetonian, which mysteriously, states in its post of yesterday, that the first few articles will concern Dr Simon Moores. Now this troubles me on a couple of levels, not unusually the author of this particular blog is yes you have guessed it ANONYMOUS unless 'One Voice In Thanet' is their real name in which case my apologies.

Now I have myself been critical, of Dr Moores as I trust he has of me, but I don't believe that either he or I have any malice towards each other.

To me this new mystery author, appears to be going down a well trodden route, of attacking someone behind the shield of anonymity which to be honest his distasteful. I just wonder whether some of the attacks on Dr Moore's are motivated through envy or jealousy.

There is a distinction between honest criticism of someone on a philosophical/theological or political stance for which I make no apology, and just plain bitchiness.

Incidentally commenting on this new site is rather hypocritically restricted and anonymous contributors are not allowed (which for technical reasons means I cannot leave a comment on this site although I am always willing to use my own name *).

Finally Dr Moore's confesses to working for David Owen in the Eighties, which for me is one of the more damaging things you could say about anyone, I will always think of David Owen as ''the when I was'' man, as he seemed to frequently prefaced his remarks with that phrase and mentioning that he had once been foreign secretary.

* Because I am using Google blog beta, to produce my Web blog, it will not allow me to use my own log in, to comment on non beta sites.

1 comment:

  1. You will find that all sorts of comments are now possible on my blog. The technology was new to me and I hadn't initially found that part of the "settings" menu. No hypocrisy.

    I can re-assure you that I am not going to attack Mr Moores or be "bitchy" about him. My only beef with him is his refusal to be honest about what he is seeking to do through his site, and what his site is clearly all about, and his biased and inconsistent behaviour. I shall simply be presenting the facts and encouraging everyone to make up their own minds.

    Some will be perfectly happy with the tone and nature of his site; others may share my concerns.

    For the record, I am not into self-promotion, nor any sort of competitiveness. Nor am I - going back to some recent posts on "Thanet Life" - a member of the Labour Party or any sort of Party activist. I simply vote Labour and support the Party's policies.

    ReplyDelete