Thursday, September 14, 2006


Manston airport's American connection


Over the weekend, there seemed to be a flurry of stories, about Infratil Manston's airport's owners, deal with the tour company Cosmos, to fly once a week to Norfolk Virginia but as the story first emerged early in July, I won't drone on too long, other than to say, if successful will the vast amounts of public money being invested in this, be returned to the taxpayer.


I hope they succeed, but I personally think, if we have to, as taxpayers subsidise Air Travel why not make it available to somewhere more popular.


I think that the many thousands of pounds, being spent on this service, could be used to better effect. If Manston has a future, and I'm sure that Infratil are more than capable of delivering, I don't think it will be relying on services to obscure American towns, I think freight and short haul flights to European destinations will make this airport viable. They need airlines such as EasyJet, seen buzzing around Manston today, in addition to charter airlines such as Cosmos.


See my previous post


No comments:

Post a Comment