Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lost and found
I would just like to thank the driver of a vehicle, carrying building waste who must have driven down Manston Road, some time around 9 o'clock last night, for making, my journey to work, more interesting than usual.

I would also like to inform them, that I have located the large piece of concrete, which must have fallen from their vehicle, along the Manston Road just past Woodchurch, and wish to apologise for smashing this in half, with my front nearside wheel. If you are the driver please do not worry about the damage, to the wheel, the brakes that then failed, or the Lady who then hit what remained of the concrete 30 seconds later, because whoever you are, responsible you are not.

I would like to thank the police who attended, who were very efficient and helpful even offering to remain whilst I waited for a tow.

1 comment:

  1. There was a large post base of concrete in the entrance to field just N of your X left by the Elec Co. who repaired the telegraph pole a lad (speeding of course) damaged last year and was rescued from car on fire by passing lady. If it fits the description I suspect some youngsters rolled it into the road for a 'laugh' just as some would leave things on railway lines. Glad to hear there was nothing more serious than damage to car!

    ReplyDelete