Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bill Hayton Political?


Have I missed something, in the letters column of the Gazette last Friday, councillor Bill Hayton suggests that councillor Clive Hart makes egotistical comments, finds it shameful that he is Political with his comments etc.

Forgive me for being naive but I understood Bill Hayton to be a Conservative councillor and Clive Hart to be a Labour councillor so could the someone please explain why Mr Hayton is getting so excited about politicians being er.... Political.

Just to assist definition of political: of or relating to your views about social relationships involving authority or power.

I am not sure of my facts, but I believe that Bill Hayton has been a councillor for a year or two, it therefore comes as quite a shock, that he is offended by political opinion!

1 comment:

  1. I cant remember what the letter was about in particular but from what I can remember is that there was a point. Do you have the letter on you?

    Theres being political in the sense of its party political digging, or its a local issue which happens to have party political people commenting but not making it party political....everything is political to an extent of course. I believe Hart does on occasions love to beat the Party drum with local issues and I think this was one of those cases.

    ReplyDelete