Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Follow-up on hope to aspiring authors

You'll see my previous posting below, regarding, local Margate based firm, Medical Case Notes Assessment Ltd, who are offering a bursary of £18,000 to a novice or experienced writer. Now the prize apparently is directed at a writer of fiction, but I just wonder whether this might be of interest to a journalist who could get more publicity for this generous contributor to the arts.

As this company, is involved in the legal system, I would not, make any flippant remarks or give opinion, and nor will I.

One thing I will say is that in a Google search there appeared to be more references to the writers bursary, than to their apparent core business of supplying expert medical witnesses.

Remember that entry into a competition presumably involves some sort of contract, particularly if an administration fee is required therefore I would suggest seeking advice, good luck!

Again I am sure, that this company is deserving of some sort of publicity from the local media.

1 comment:

  1. It does seem a bit peculiar. As they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.

    I would apply, but I write in my spare time, and they seem to expect that for £18,000 they're going to buy you for five days a week for an entire year. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to give up the day job for that.

    ReplyDelete