Wednesday, July 12, 2006

New flights to America from Manston next year

According to a report on Kent Online website, a new weekly service of charter flights to America will be operated by a tour company Cosmos and its airline Monarch.
The start-up costs for this new service will be roughly £800,000, half of which will be shared by it KCC, Seeda, Infratil, Kent attractions, East Kent Partnerships, Thanet District Council, Canterbury City Council and Gravesham Borough Council.
The destination airport will be Norfolk (Virginia) International Airport, who will be paying the other half of the start-up cost.
I wish them good luck, and they will need it, because let's face it neither destination airport would necessarily come to mind as a travel must see destination to anyone. I would think that a route to America that would be a paying proposition would need a popular destination, such as Orlando Florida, New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco etc but I am sure that KCC and some of these other public funded organisations would not waste our money on a poorly thought-out schemes.
As a postscript, I hope that the seating on planes for long-haul journeys is more capacious than that I recently experienced travelling to Venice with Monarch.

3 comments:

  1. Try losing weight then you wont spred into my space on my next holiday flight

    ReplyDelete
  2. How rude mr or mrs last comment. As a matter of interest I looked up Norfolk airport and it has fights onto many destinations including boston (would Pfizer send that many people, in order to make it worth the effort?), and as matter would have it, Big Als cousin stays only 408 miles from the airport doors!!! I am going to book my flight now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you suggesting the Kent might be spending unwisley again

    ReplyDelete