Sunday, July 09, 2006



Annual leave

Last week, I did not make a much of a contribution to Thanet blogging output, as I was on holiday in Italy.
For various reasons me and my wife, ended up in the resort of Jesolo in northern part of the Adriatic coast, about 20 miles east of Venice. We had previously been there 25 years earlier just after we got married, and although the resort itself had not changed, I was struck by how much myself and the world had changed.
For one thing, I am now several stone heavier, I think my politics are more conservative, and I have an even more cynical attitude to life.
But not everything is bad, I seem to remember 25 years ago Mrs Thatcher was in power the streets of toxteth were subject to rioting, such was the despair, and the alienation of her government. Being cynical, and maybe being away this week I have missed mention of this anniversary in our press, strange usually newspaper hack's clutch on to any 25th anniversary they stumble upon I just wonder whether are free press would stifle such nostalgia.
Anyway I had a good holiday and I shall bore you with some on my holiday snaps!
PS photos wont upload you will just have to jolly well wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment