Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What year is this and why haven't I been invited?

Another one of those stories, which make you think, where are we, and what century are we in. Amanda Cottrell we are told on the Kent Online website, is the High Sheriff presumably of Kent, who was elected to this ancient office after years of charitable and community services.

According to the report, the great and good from across the county were in attendance at a garden party held at her home on Friday, the guests including Judges, Lords and Ladies, Mayors from across the county etc I'm sure you get the picture.
I have no problem with a good party, although sadly on this occasion no invitation came my way, all I'm surprised at, is I cannot remember the election taking place, I think I'm getting Alzheimer's.
Still if you remember taking part in the election of the High Sheriff, could you remind me what date and where the polling station was.
I trust I haven't offended anyone, but if I hear horse's hooves coming up my road and the clink of swords I may just have a panic attack. What a quaint country we live in.

1 comment:

  1. Not everyone enjoys the common touch, riff raff are not invited

    ReplyDelete