Sunday, June 04, 2006

Turner Contemporary short summer season or new commitment (read notice)


Any day now that mishmash of worthies who decide such things will make a fresh announcement re. The Turner Contemporary.


One things for sure according to AA Gill in todays Sunday Times mag, J M W Turner was a working class boy his father being in trade, I feel were he alive today, being working class, would probably exclude him from any decisions, involving art galleries.

Do you think this time; these worthies might have the sphericals, to offer us the choice from a shortlist not blinking likely. I meant to say F*"&!^g likely but I now how sensitive these types are.

5 comments:

  1. I seem to remember that Droit House was completely refurbished about 4 years ago,How much money is it costing this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Given the right circumstances a working class man stands every chance of becoming an artist, probably more so than an upper class citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In that case Thanet should be teaming with artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Point is onelosthousemate, I don't think that there are many working class people involve in the Turner Contemporary business.

    Certainly a lot of piss artists

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course there won't be, it just takes the right person in charge to make things happen properly, and as I don't know who is in charge, i can't really say much else. I really hope the Turner Centre works out, if I could get a job there it would be a great excuse to move home, whenever it may be made.

    ReplyDelete