Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thanet Council news management, are they about to announce uninspiring plans for M&S building?


This is my hypothesis (I think it means clueless, in Greek) , after many weeks and an estimated £6 million of taxpayers' money it looks as if Thanet council is about to make an announcement concerning the Marks and Spencer site.

After months of inactivity, and no news, Thanet council has, at last come up with the big idea. According to the blogsite Arts and elbows yesterday, months of apathy have paid off, dozens of Thanet council regeneration officers and other ranks, have been slaving night and day, I tried to speak with someone in the Regeneration Department but no one was able to respond possibly due to sheer exhaustion, except briefly to take my number claiming they would ring back pronto sadly they didn't have the strength.


I believe the big idea is to, have what I would describe, as an indoor and flea market (subsidised), with workshops and offices well worth the wait.

I assume this story will turn up in one of Trinity mirrors excellent rags (Gazette most likely) with perhaps a big picture of our glorious leader Sandy Ezekiel making a informal announcement.


I am a tad miffed on 27th April I received an e-mail from the council, telling me there would shortly be a press release, I did not realise this would be via the Arts and Elbows blogsite exclusive!.

For those of you who have not seen this article please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment