Monday, June 05, 2006

Thanet council fun day for all?


Last week we read about Thanet councils fun day, for staff giving them an opportunity during adult learners week to develop new skills etc, and I got the distinct impression that this was possibly exclusive to what council employees like to refer to as officers.
Now back in April Thanet District Council, took back in house the refuse collections and street cleaning for our towns, what I would like to know, what rank do our bin men and street cleaners hold, clearly Council clerical wallahs are of the officer class, but what of the men and women who keep our town clean and tidy are they officers or just NCO's and other ranks. Also were they invited to the Council fun day sorry adult learning week. I think we should be told.

6 comments:

  1. Well if they were, I can guarantee it would have been in their own time...

    (ex-ranker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i for sure know they were not. plus they generally have to work 47 hrs a week over six days and get paid quite a crap amount of money. no fun for those guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's your sausage gone, Tony?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sometimes council officers, get confused with the money we send to them, and assume that it is from a grateful public.

    Where's the sausage, good question, I just thought a change was needed, particularly since I rather stupidly mentioned the fact that I was present during a bank robbery, therefore the new picture is slightly distorted and now looks nothing like me. I assume that they are of the PlayStation generation and therefore most unlikely to be able to read, but there is always a possibility that their mums might.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking. No-one would expect Paul O'Grady to have been at the robbery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    ReplyDelete