Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth
Cook from Kent gets OBE in honours list
I'll be damned if I send the Queen any more birthday cards, it's not cheap you know, she has two of them every year.
Then there's the money for the stamps, to consider as well.
Seems like I may have to get myself, a career on the television, still do they have fat middle-aged blokes with no talent on telly.
Perhaps I could consider a career in politics, maybe join the Tory party move to a more affluent part of Kent and run things here in Thanet, alternatively get on David Cameron's preferred list of candidates, for safe Tory seats, whilst having no charisma, I have even less knowledge of Tory policies so this should make be an ideal candidate.
I suppose I could always do something for charity, but then I would only be in the running for what Michael winner suggested were honours (OBE) for toilet cleaners, it looks like this honour is also offered to cooks as well as film directors, can't see why he was so snooty.
Well done, to Gary Rhodes though, Kent boy made good after training at Thanet Technical College in Broadstairs.

Have I to wait 30 years, for services to blogging, I can fry an egg you know.

1 comment:

  1. "alternatively get on David Cameron's preferred list of candidates, for safe Tory seats,"

    If you are white, middle class or male, forget it!

    ReplyDelete