Monday, May 29, 2006

Winner takes nothing
An interesting point of view from Michael Winner famous film director and restaurant goer, he has had, his nose put out of joint by the offer of an OBE, which he considers to be the sort of honour given to a toilet cleaner. I personally think that it is time that we dispensed with such honours.
Could we in Thanet live without our own system for instance how much do Thanet council, have to fork out every year for our local Mayors, in Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs why can't we send either the chief executive or the leader of the local council to local events. It's almost as if we have three mini Royal, figureheads do we really need it.
This sort of patronage, at a national level is clearly used by governments, to influence national policy and possibly in some cases stuff political parties with fresh money, it will be interesting to see how, our current Labour government wriggle out of their current problems in this regard.
I won't get on to the Royal family, as I realise if I went any further space would be made available at the Tower, I dream that one day we shall live in a democracy, until then I shall have to watch what I say.
Final word because of our system of royal patronage, if I wish it to go to hospital due possibly to toadying or forelock tugging, I have to ask for the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital I just hope no one has ever died halfway through that request, Margate Hospital now.

3 comments:

  1. Your views are an outrage people like Mr Winner should be rewarded with something more appropriate like a meal from his favourate takeaway and his films on DVD.

    And your attack on the Royal family is outrageous you know they cannot answerback, they'll have to inform the Butler or a Secretary.

    As for the QEQM, Prince Charles spent a whole morning nameing the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete