Thursday, April 13, 2006

Marks and Spencer building Purchased?


I Understand from a remark that councillor Ezekiel made at the recent Turner contemporary meeting that Thanet council had purchased the old Marks and Spencer site in Margate. Since this announcement I have tried to ascertain from Thanet District Council, how much they have paid for this building and also what they intend to do with this. It it must be more than a week since I made my initial inquiry and I have yet to get a reply. Whilst I understand how a tiresome the public can be and I didn't expect a personal reply, surely such a purchase is considerable so therefore I am surprised that the council do not find it newsworthy enough to make an announcement on their Web page

3 comments:

  1. An enquiry with HM Land Registry will resolve this, failing that wait a few months and it should appear on http://www.nethouseprices.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anon 1:40PM for the tip, re the Land Registry but the reason for commenting on this purchase is my concern that the council presumably have a well-thought-out plan for this building and I just wonder why they are so reticent in not disclosing the benefits that Margate will derive from this new initiative. It just seems that the council have poor presentation skills given that someone cocked up with the Turner Contemporary Gallery, if the council plan a positive development in the middle of Margate it would be nice to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why should they tell us? After all, we are only Council Tax payers.

    ReplyDelete